Driver’s Alert is currently seeking an experienced Controller to join our team in Deerfield Beach, FL 33442
Driver’s Alert™, a pioneer in the fleet safety and risk reduction industry, was founded in 1989. Our Smart Risk™ Program combines an all-in-one, best-in-class driver observation, on-line driver safety training and a real-time driver risk management tool. This winning combination is the reason why over 1,500 companies with over 350,000 vehicles across all industries in North America have chosen Driver’s Alert to help them lower their fleet costs by reducing their risk.
The Financial Controller position is accountable for the accounting operations of the company, to include the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Ensure that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner
- Ensure that accounts receivable are collected promptly
- Process payroll in a timely manner
- Ensure that periodic bank reconciliations are completed
- Ensure that required debt payments are made on a timely basis
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions
- Maintain Employee Payroll
- Issue timely and complete financial statements
- Coordinate the preparation of the corporate annual report
- Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations
- Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics
- Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Provide for a system of management cost reports
- Provide financial analyses as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- Financial Controller candidate should have at least 3-5 years of relevant business accounting experience
Skills and Abilities:
- Possess excellent communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Supervises:accounting staff of two (2) employees
Compensation and Benefits:
- Compensation is commensurate with experience
Benefits package available
APPLY or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
September 2014 ASSE Professional Safety Ad: Put a manager in every fleet vehicle with safety telematics!
Sound interesting? Reserve your spot at this FREE event: 7 Ways to Become a Fleet Safety Management Rock Star!...