Accounting Controller – Deerfield Beach, FL
How would you like to accelerate your accounting career by joining an innovative business that not only lets you practice your craft, but gives you the chance to play an integral part in shaping strategic direction? At Driver’s Alert, there’s a seat on the management team with your name on it!
As the Accounting Controller, you will oversee and execute all accounting operations for the company. You will be responsible for managing a small team to assure all accounting functions run smoothly and efficiently with absolute accuracy. You will be directly responsible for processes, financial software, developing standards, audits, corporate finance, tracking budget expenses, developing budgets, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and the general ledger.
The Accounting Controller will also interface with ADP Total Source for corporate payroll and benefits management. And we will also look to you to identify and create internal processes for increasing efficiency using automation.
In a nutshell, the Accounting Controller position will give you inside access to all of the key discussions that drive the future of Driver’s Alert. This is way more than just another accounting job. This is your chance to show the world you’ve got what it takes to make a major impact. Your resume will thank you!
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure accounts payable are paid in a timely manner
- Make certain accounts receivable are collected promptly
- Process payroll
- Oversee the completion of bank reconciliations
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Uphold an orderly accounting filing system
- Safeguard the business using a system of controls over accounting transactions
- Administer employee payroll
- Issue timely and complete financial statements
- Coordinate the preparation of the corporate annual report
- Propose benchmarks for measuring company performance
- Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics
- Lead the production of the annual budget and forecasts
- Calculate variances within the budget and report significant issues to Management
- Produce management cost reports
- Provide financial analyses as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions and contract negotiations
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance with a CPA
- At least 4-5 years of relevant business accounting experience
- Experience implementing GAAP
- Experience implementing efficient processes
- Experience using Microsoft Dynamics/Great Plains
- Experience using Salesforce.com
- Experience using ADP for employee payroll and benefits management
- Ability to create and maintain accurate documentation with great attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Do you check all of the boxes above and wonder what else you can do to separate yourself from the pack? If you have experience with corporate acquisitions, your resume will move to the front of the line!
About Driver’s Alert
Founded in 1989, Driver’s Alert is a trendsetting Software as a Service (SaaS) technology company that offers an end-to-end fleet safety management solution combining real-time driver observation, eLearning, and data management and risk identification tools. We help more than 1,500 businesses reduce at-fault crashes, protect fleet assets, combat insurance fraud, increase profit margins and save lives. We’re shaking up the eLearning industry with LMS Courses, a Driver’s Alert brand developing the newest mobile-friendly training on the market.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please submit your resume below.
SUBMIT RESUME or email us at email@example.com
September 2014 ASSE Professional Safety Ad: Put a manager in every fleet vehicle with safety telematics!
Sound interesting? Reserve your spot at this FREE event: 7 Ways to Become a Fleet Safety Management Rock Star!...